Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beginners

Hello fellow Vagabonds!  You might have noticed things had grown quiet here for the past few months, but quite a few things have happened.

The gist of it all is that this AZ-turned DC-gal is now headed to cook (until October) at a farm in northern California!  It's time to vagabond my way back to the west coast, be outside again, learn some farm things, some cooking things, discover what farm-to-table and sustainability really mean and be somewhat closer to my family. 

Vineyards en route to Mendocino

For those who of you who want more information on where I'll be, (or want to come visit!) check out the 100+ year old organic farm and guest ranch known as Emandal in Mendocino county.  I can't wait to work with my hands again, meet new people, and hike on the regular.  And the food! Swoon.

Welcome to Emandal

This of course is accompanied with an extreme sadness to be leaving the dear ones I've met here in DC... it would take pages upon pages to list these friends and the multitude of ways in how they're the most amazing people ever, so I'll save you the reading.  But it is with a  heavy heart that I am journeying back out west, and I am ever so grateful to my colleagues, my friends, and my family in the District for the last four and a half years of love and laughter-filled memories. 

And to you, the readers... I can't wait to share these new adventures (and recipes!) with you.

I'll leave you with a quote that I just found today on an incredible blog called Honey & Jam.  Please check out her lovely photography and foods here
 
"Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going.
No feeling is final."

--Rainer Maria Rilke

XOXO to all.  To never having stopped adventuring, and to always being open to the new, the wild, and even the uncertain.  Follow your passions, wherever they may lead.  Cheers!

9 comments:

Yándary Chatwin said...

WOW!! Big news! It sounds so amaaaazing! Can't wait to hear more details! :)

Erin said...

congrats!

Lisa Basalla said...

Best of luck, Sam! It sounds like an amazing adventure awaits! I look forward to the posts and recipes :-)

Samantha said...

Thank you all!And yes, will keep you posted. thank you for the support, you're amazing!

Unknown said...

I love that you are doing this for YOU, so proud of my Inca Soul Sister! Here's to big life changes, new adventures, and scaring ourselves silly for the sake of personal growth. Can't wait to follow your new adventure, and am only sad that this SF girl fled the country mere weeks before you moved to my backyard!!!

Mai said...

That sounds amazing! I know we only met once, but I'd love to check out this place while you're there! My boyfriend and I just went to Mendocino for the first time last month and loved it, so another trip may be in the cards soon. Best of luck with this adventure!

Lindsey said...

SUPER Sam! I will miss your bright sunshine here.. as will Bill and Blake but we couldn't be more thrilled for you. MUCH LOVE. Now and always.

Lindsey said...

PS, let me know when you want me to help you design your Vegabond header bar... to be as stellar as you my dear. :)

Samantha said...

Seriously, i love you guys! Lindsey....any time re: the header bar. And if you ever want to visit, just send me an email and we can figure it out! would love visitors :) :)